Principal Double Bass - 100% (Permanent)
Number of positions
Duration / Start
Video recording accepted
In case you missed the chance to apply for the audition in Munich or you didn't apply because you are not able to attend a live filming session arranged by the Qatar Philharmonic Orchestra in Munich you may submit a video recording.
After the filmed materials are reviewed, live auditions will be held in Doha beginning of September.
Recordings will only be accepted with the following conditions:
- The Recording must be of professional quality and made in one session
- Content to be exactly as per requirements and set list of orchestral excerpts. Please note that failure to adhere to the requirements may result in disqualification.
- While recording, make sure nothing is obstructing you or your instrument.
- Candidates are advised to check the playback quality of their recording before sending. Particular attention should be paid to the quality of the audio.
- Recording Engineer or witness to confirm in writing that the recording is unedited and is a true and honest representation of the candidates playing.
- Orchestral excerpts to be recorded in an order free of your choice and in one continuous take
- Each required solo repertoire piece must be performed as an entire piece with piano accompaniment
- You may replay a section of the required material in the same take, if dissatisfied: however the original attempt must remain recorded
- Your recording should be uploaded to muv.ac by the closing date
- Please ensure that you also complete and send the Recorded Audition Declaration
It is in the applicant’s best interest to provide a video recording with superior sound recording qualities.
The Qatar Philharmonic tunes to A443
1st movement + cadenza and 2nd movement from one of the following concertos:
K. D. von Dittersdorf, Concerto in E- major or
J. B. Vanhal, Concerto in D-major
Verdi: Othello, IV Act (from U till the end)
Mahler: Symphony No.1 (solo)
Mozart: Symphony No. 40 , 1st & 4th movement
Beethoven: Symphony No. 5, 2nd & 3rd movement