2./3./4. Bassoon - 100% (Permanent)
2nd/3rd Bassoon + Contrabassoon
Number of positions
Duration / Start
The auditions will be held in order to fill the position for Basson (Soloist B) with the obligation of paying Double bassoon, at the Gulbenkian Orchestra.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY THE "REGULATIONS" DOCUMENT BEFORE SUBMITING YOUR APPLICATION!
Should you have any questions please send a message to the email: email@example.com.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
• Monthly Salary 2.726€ (14 times per year)
• Average of 45 weeks of work per year
• Average of 30 hours of work per week
• Annual instrument repairs and supplies allowance 1.250€
• Annual clothing allowance 250€
• Health and dental insurance
• Pension Plan
• Transport and meal allowance
• 2 weeks of paid artistic leave per year
• Car park
In each season, the Gulbenkian Orchestra performs in a series of regular concerts at the Grand Auditorium in Lisbon – a concert hall known for its unique acoustic conditions – in the frame of which it has had the opportunity of collaborating with some of the greatest names in the music world, such as Gustavo Dudamel, Esa-Pekka Salonen, Kirill Pertrenko, David Zinman and Susanna Mälkki. In addition to the performances throughout the country, the Gulbenkian Orchestra has also been broadening its international activity with tours in Europe, Asia, Africa and the Americas, and multiple award-winning recordings for labels such as Deutsche Grammophone, Philips and Pentatone.
The programme for each round will be the following:
• W. Mozart – Concert in B flat Major for Basson and orchestra | 1st movement with cadenza.
• W. Mozart – Le nozze di Figaro (Overture) | until bar nº 279 | Basson I
• Johannes Brahms – Concert for violin and orchestra, Op. 77
Adagio (2nd movement) | until bar nº 99 | Basson II
• Johannes Brahms – Symphony nº 3, Op. 90
1st movement | until bar nº 71 | Basson II
4th movement until bar nº 49 | Basson II
• Piotr Ilitch Tchaikovsky – Symphony nº 4, Op. 36
2nd movement | Basson I
• Piotr Ilitch Tchaikovsky – Symphony nº 6, Op. 74
4th movement | Basson II
• Joseph Haydn – Symphony n º 90
4th movement | Basson I, II
• Maurice Ravel – Concert in G major
3rd movement | Basson I, II
• Bedřich Smetana – Esposa vendida
Overture | Basson II
• Igor Stravinsky – The Firebird
17. Berceuse | Basson I
• Gustav Mahler – Symphony nº 9
2nd and 4th movements
• Maurice Ravel – Piano Concerto for the Left Hand, D Major
• Maurice Ravel – Ma mère l’ oye
IV. Les entretiens de la belle et de la bête. Mouvement de Valse. Modéré (A major)
• Ludwig van Beethoven – Symphony nº 5, Op. 67
• Giuseppe Verdi – Don Carlos
Act III | Scene nº 11 (Largo)
• Carl Maria Von Weber – Andante e rondo ongarese, Op.35
Identification number of passport or ID card.